Frequently Asked Question

Which food safety certificate do I need?
Level 2 is the most popular course. It is the level of training required for food handlers to meet legal requirements. Most people complete our 'Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering' which covers those people working in restaurants, kitchens, cafes, schools, colleges and most self-employed people, such as mobile takeaways and home bakers. You do not need to complete Level 1 before completing a level 2 training course.
'Level 2 for Education' is aimed at people who work in schools, colleges and nurseries. 'Level 2 for Retail' is aimed at people handling food in retail outlets e.g. supermarket staff and delivery drivers. 'Level 2 for Manufacturing' is aimed at people who work in factories, food processing and packing environments.
The Level 1 course provides a basic understanding to anyone who has a general interest in the subject or may be preparing to start a job in the catering or care industry.  It is also ideal for staff working with  low-risk or wrapped food and front-of-house staff.
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety course is designed for people who have completed Level 2 but may need additional training, such as supervisors and business owners. It expands your training to include topics such as identifying problem areas, recommending solutions and supervising staff.